Mount TBR Checkpoint 3

Now I've been so lazy that I have a lot to do on the blog, as well as actually talk about the books I've been reading.  So let's get going already and see how Mount TBR is doing.  Bev says:

For those who would like to participate in this checkpoint post, I'd like you to do two things:
 

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read).  If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. 

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
B. Pair up two of your reads. But this time we're going for opposites. One book with a male protagonist and one with a female protagonist. One book with "Good" in the title and one with "Evil." Get creative and show off a couple of your books.
C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
D. Choose 1-4 titles from your stacks and using a word from the title, do an image search.  Post the first all-eyes-friendly picture associated with that word.

I'm actually nearly to my goal of 24!  Here's my list:
  1.  They Walked Like Men, by Clifford Simak
  2. Dirt, ed. Mindy
  3. The Best of Leigh Brackett
  4. Shakespeare's Planet, by Clifford D. Simak
  5. The Broken Citadel, by Joyce Bellou Gregorian
  6. Castledown, by Joyce Bellou Gregorian
  7. Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
  8. My Universities, by Maxim Gorky
  9. Germania, by Simon Winder
  10. The Heart of Mid-Lothian, by Sir Walter Scott
  11. Storm in the Village, by Miss Read
  12. Further Afield, by Miss Read 
  13. The Lottery, and Adventures of the Demon Lover, by Shirley Jackson 
  14. Steppenwolf, by Hermann Hesse
  15. The Histories, by Herodotus
  16.  Half a Crown, by Jo Walton
  17. The Foundation Pit, by Andrei Platonov
  18. The Long Earth, by Pratchett and Baxter
  19. The Go-Between, by L. P. Hartley
  20. Marie Grubbe, by J. P. Jacobsen 
  21.  My Real Children, by Jo Walton
  22. The Treasure of the City of Ladies, by Christine de Pisan
  23. The Castle of Wolfenbach, by Eliza Parsons
  24.  
I haven't actually written about those last three yet, oops.

I'm going to do option D, but since the first images of my search were usually boring, I decided to choose the first interesting images. 

Half a crown

Castle of Wolfenbach

Germania

Treasure of the City of Ladies

I'm pleased that I've nearly hit 24 titles, but I hope to do more.  Of course, my TBR pile is larger now than it was in January!  Now that I sort book donations once a week, free books are pouring in much too fast, and I have to be careful or I'll suffocate under a pile of old books.  I even went so far the other day as to actually get rid of some of the books on my TBR pile.  Desperate times...

Comments

  1. I love the pictures you found! I did a search for what I thought was a boring word and found some interesting images too. Posting soon...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu