#MarchMagics: Reaper Man

Today Kristen is posting about Reaper Man.  Again, it had been so long since I'd read this that I'd forgotten most of it -- though not the Death of Rats.  He is a favorite character in our home! 

Today's question is a toughie.  Kristen asks:
Some of the extra life force in Ankh-Morpork causes head-wizard Archchancellor Ridcully's swears to be personified. They remain in a little swarm above his head and perched on his hat.

 If your favorite swear word/phrase turned into a creature, what would it look like?
 
My problem here is that my usual swear words run along the lines of 'dangit,' 'drat,' or in moments of real heat, 'hell.'   My mom suggests that a dangit would be small and fluffy.  I envision it sort of like those dust sprites in Totoro, only in color.  They could be little floaty green and blue puffballs.  Probably Archchancellor Ridcully's swears would then eat them as snacks.
 
But now seems like a good time to introduce you to our ol' buddy Death of Rats, here.  When animal skeletons filled the stores last Halloween, we realized that we needed to get a rat and fix him up.  Here he is, outfitted with glowy blue eyes, a black cape with the whole universe inside,* and a 3D printed scythe.  He greeted our trick-or-treaters in style. 

SQUEAK.

*The cape was originally made so that my daughter's American Girl doll could be a wizard.  We turned it inside out and it fit great.

Comments

  1. I LOVE your Death of Rats!!! What a great idea. And your swears are perfect as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS. IT'S DEATH OF RATS. I LOVE IT!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz