R. I. P. X

It's that time of year again, when bloggers everywhere look forward to the Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge!  I only joined last year, so this is my second time around.  This year, Carl, inventor of the RIP Challenge, decided to change things up a little, so the ladies at Estella Society are hosting.  The venue has changed but the rules have not:

Without further ado, pick your poison, won’t you? September 1st is here, and we’re ready to begin!

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.

That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.
As time has wound on, we’ve discovered that simple rules are best:
1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.

 
R.I.P. X officially runs from September 1st through October 31st
Multiple perils await you. You can participate in just one, or participate in them all.



I'm going to try for Peril the First, which asks that we read FOUR books.  We'll see how it goes; I'm going to try to make at least one a Classics Club title, like Hawthorne's House of the Seven Gables or Poe's Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque.

Comments

  1. I hope you have a fantastic RIP season! I can't wait to get started on Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy RIP reading. This is my favorite event of the year (except for Dewey's readathon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous event. I'm not sure I can fit it in this year, but I'll look out for it next year.
    Good luck.....and

    BOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy! This and the Once Upon a Time challenges are two of my utter most favorite bloggy events. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm in for the first time this year - shooting for Peril the Second but might end up actually acheiving Peril the First. I had House of the Seven Gables on my Classics Club list for three years...really should read that one soon! And anything Poe makes me very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz