V is for Vengeance

V is for Vengeance, by Sue Grafton

I always read the latest Kinsey Millhone book as soon as I can; I think it's a requirement for former Central Coast residents.  (Millhone mysteries are set in a pseudonymed Santa Barbara, so sometimes Kinsey visits my hometown of Santa Maria.  It's SB's much less posh neighbor.)

I almost didn't stay with this one, though.  The first chapter is all about a kid trying to win money at poker, and there is nothing more boring than a game of poker!  Luckily the kid gets thrown off a parking garage by page 20, so I kept going.  It's a complicated mystery, with mafia guys, rich lawyers, respectable-looking thieves, and all sorts of people.  Definitely worth the read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz