Crossed

I didn't quite mean to take the week off blogging, but it was my spring break and I had lots of resting, reading, cleaning and sewing to do instead. I need another week! I got two dresses sewed, went on a daytrip to a local animal preserve and museum, stuff like that. Now I have a lot of books to get caught up on.


Crossed, by Ally Condie

I read Matched when it came out, and enjoyed it, so I was looking forward to getting Crossed too. One thing I like about Ally Condie's dystopian fiction is that there's a good story without a ton of gory violence or sex. Condie's focus seems to be on how people make choices; her oppressive Society hardly allows any choices at all, and Cassia's development is all about the freedom to make decisions, allowing other people their freedom too, and taking the consequences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu